- Your eligibility for health insurance
- Your health insurance premium, contribution amounts, or coverage terms
This means it is against the law for your health insurer to use a genetic test result or family health history as a reason to deny you health insurance, or decide how much you pay for your health insurance.
- In addition, GINA makes it against the law for your health insurer to:
- Consider family history or a genetic test result a pre-existing condition
- Ask or require that you have a genetic test
- Use any genetic information they do have to discriminate against you, even if they did not mean to collect it